Today, I played soccer - on a team - for the first time since high school. Here is what I learned:
1) Make sure your cleats are the right size. Mine are too small, and I will likely lose my big toe nail.
2) I'm out of shape, out if practice, and old. Every bone in my body hurts. Hello! Charlie Horse while sleeping tonight.
3) I love playing goalie! I already knew, but I wanted something positive.
4) When playing goalie, make sure not to score on yourself, which almost happened.
5) Walking a mile to the game is a good warm up, but walking home (in 90 degrees) is foolishness.
Nora, dad wants to be active, so you will be active (or at least exposed to an active lifestyle). So, he is going to keep trying. Sorry, I'm a comedy show right now. I will do better.
Here are a few pictures of my team, Bolitas Azules (the ones in the blue):